Saturday, December 26, 2015

Exploration Photography Daily View - December 26, 2015

Hi and welcome to the Daily View

Most of the photos I share here on my blog are shot using my Canon DSLR. It gives me a lot of choices in how I capture an image including changeable lenses, decent sized image sensor and a myriad of settings to make each frame my own. But sometimes it is not feasible to carry it and I must rely on something a bit more compact. In years past that would mean a point and shoot pocket camera. I still have a few (several) actually. But more and more I find myself replying on my phone. Until recently I was using a Motorola Droid Turbo. On paper and in fact even in practical use this was a pretty good option. But there was also a lot of bugs and just some downright annoying issues. So very recently I was able to move over to what is thought of by some to be the best phone/camera on the market in 2015. The Samsung Galaxy S6. And wow what a breath of fresh air! It's exactly what I have been looking for. Fast convenient quality. In fact some of my recent blog photos were shot using the GS6. I will be doing a full review in an upcoming post but for today let me share this with you.


My favorite tree with my new favorite addition to my photography arsenal.

Now to be fair this is not "straight out of the camera". As usual I did some mild post processing. Nothing major just the regular stuff that helps me convey the image in my head to your eyes. I will go into this a little more in my upcoming review but I would like to touch on one thing for now. 

I hear over and over from "professionals" that they set up the image in the camera and skip "Photoshopping" it. My answer to that is most Photographers do at least some post processing before sharing an image. There is nothing wrong with using Photoshop. After all I am trying to share it as I see it. So if you wonder if I use Photoshop, yes. Yes I do. And I do so unashamedly.

With that being said I would like to say that I truly appreciate you stopping by to check out some of my work. I hope you enjoy it and come back often.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment