Monday, November 3, 2014

November 3, 2014 - Photo of The Day

Hi and thanks for stopping by!

The weather here is seasonal and the wind has finally calmed down. And after some low lying clouds this morning the sky is very clear now. I went out on our deck after work this afternoon and saw the moon was nice and bright in the sky. It was just begging for me to photograph it. And so I did and now I am sharing it with you.


The conditions were very, very friendly for shooting the sky this afternoon. No haze and no clouds. I shot this with my Canon Rebel T3 at 300mm and cropped and touched it up in Photoshop. Can you see the "man in the moon"?

On another note I would also like to share a couple more photos that I shot today at work. Yesterday I posted a group of pictures that I shot to test out my new camera phone. The Motorola Droid Turbo. Those were all shot outside in bright sunlight at Valley Forge and I was very pleased with the results. Today I wanted to take a couple more "test" shots to see how the camera did with indoor lighting. Here is what I got. Keep in mind that I did no post processing and this is right out of the camera.

21 Megapixels. No flash.

This is a shot of some renovations in one of the offices. There were no lights on and one window to the left of the frame. basically normal indoor lighting.

21 Megapixels. Flash Fired.

21 Megapixels. Flash Fired.
These were shot in our parts warehouse in total darkness. The only light is from the flash and one fixture at the end of the aisle. Right in front of me was completely dark. The flash range is pretty good.

I will be testing the video in the next day or two and will post it here. And speaking of video I did do a time lapse video this morning using the camera phone and Lapse It Pro for Android. Check it out.


This is 41 minutes condensed down to 28 seconds. I shot 1 frame every 6 seconds and rendered it at 14 frames per second. I also set it for vivid color.

And that about does it for today folks. Thank you so much for taking a little time out of your day to read my little blog. Please check back soon.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment