Friday, November 14, 2014

November 14, 2014 - Photo Of The Day

Well we have had our first snow of the season so I figured I would use it as a theme for today's "retro" blog post. It wasn't a lot of snow mind you but it was snow none the less.

Today's photo takes us back to the winter of 1998 at Valley Forge. It was shot with my Nikon Pronea S APS SLR camera. The APS format was relatively short lived spanning from 1996 to 2011. It was a good idea in it's day being easy to load and yielding fairly nice images. I always thought it was cool that you could roll a partially exposed roll of film back into it's canister and load a different roll into the camera and then go back and load the original roll again. This was handy say if you needed to use a different film speed or perhaps change from color to black and white. You also received your negatives back in the film's original canister. You can read more about this unique film format here.

And here is today's photo.


There were many different APS cameras out there ranging from point and shoot all the way to SLR's with interchangeable lenses. I had or should I say have a Nikon Pronea S model. It uses Nikon IX APS lenses but could also use standard Nikon lenses that were designed for auto focus. I would love to take it out and shoot but even if I could find film for it there is no place to get it developed anymore. It is now part of my collection. You can read more about it here.

Thanks for stopping by and taking a trip back in time with me. After all isn't that what photography is all about? Being able to go back in time a get glimpses of days gone by? That's the way I like to see it.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment