Tuesday, November 25, 2014

November 25, 2014 - Photo Of The Day

Here we are exactly one month before Christmas. Is everyone ready? Not me. Almost but not quite. 

Thanksgiving is in two days and tomorrow is the busiest travel day of the year. And what do we have heading our way? Snow. Possibly a lot of snow. Lucky for me I'm not traveling tomorrow. And maybe I'll get some snow pics. Today however I'm sharing one more photo from Valley Forge on Sunday.

This is Washington's Headquarters.


This was created with three exposures. I combined them in Photomatix. I then adjusted and sharpened it in Photoshop. Everyone knows what Photoshop is but many may not have heard of Photomatix. Photomatix is HDR software. And HDR (High Dynamic Range) is a method of evening out a photo by combining two or more different exposures. I usually use three. One underexposed, one evenly exposed and one overexposed. This way I can get all of the highlights but not blow out the photo with too much bright light. HDR can also be used to get some very interesting effects. 

Here are the three original images used to make today's photo.


Underexposed.


Even exposure.


Overexposed.

And that is my quick explanation of HDR.

Thanks for stopping by and please come back soon. For those of you in the Northeast U.S. enjoy the snow.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment