Sunday, February 4, 2018

Welcome To The Sunday View

This weekend Kim and I hit a few second hand stores to see what treasures we could find. I of course always have an eye out for cameras and I must say I found some good stuff. So I think it's time to do another retro camera (un)review. This time we take a look at a hardly (if at all) used Fuji FinePix A340. I picked up this A340 at a thrift store near our home for the tidy sum of $10.00 . I got the camera (of course) but also the original box, cords, batteries and all of the documentation. There was even an extra memory card. It came from factory with a 16mb XD card but there was also a 64mb XD. Enough to save 33 pictures with the camera set to the highest quality of image. According to This Review the A340 went for around $199 new and was produced in 2004. It features a 4 Megapixel image sensor and a 3x optical zoom lens. Here are some pictures of the one I purchased yesterday.















And here are some sample images I shot today. Let me note that I think the camera had a little difficulty focusing due to some light snowfall. It seems that the snow tricked the camera into focusing on it instead of the main subject. And of course it may just be the 4 Megapixel sensor on a 14 year old camera.


























These were all shot at the Elmwood Park Zoo in Norristown Pennsylvania.

My take on the Fuji FinePix A340? I think the over quality is pretty good for a 14 year old camera. It is good for snapshot photography for sure though it may be a bit of a fair weather friend. Literally I would avoid precipitation for more than the obvious reasons. Mainly focusing. But falling snow is probably the main issue. And it may work better when out of Auto mode even though there is little manual control. Put simply I wouldn't mind having it with me for that odd occasion here and there. But I rather have one of my small Canons or even a newer Fuji on hand.

On another note the low capacity memory card made me think before shooting. It was a lot like the old days of shooting film where I had to pick and choose so as not to run out of space (film).

Here is Yesterday's View...

Saturday February 3, 2018

And that is all for today. Thanks for stopping by!

Until next time...

GO BIRDS!


No comments:

Post a Comment