Sunday, October 15, 2017

Welcome To The Sunday View


There are several kinds of photography and each has it's own time and place. There is of course art photography which itself branches off in way too many directions for me to cover here. And then there is the more common but in my opinion every bit as important casual or snapshot photography. In fact I will go on record and say it is the most important genre. Why? Because snapshots provide an insight into everyday life. They capture moments as they are. There is generally no planning or pretense and for all intents and purposes they are true "time machines". Don't get me wrong. I love the art side of the craft. It's what I "practice" and like to think that I have grown and improved in over the years. But I also have a soft spot for the casual side. And to that end I bring you today's photo.

Today did not start well for me. I felt horrible when I got up. I even slept in a couple hours which I almost never do. But when I finally did arise and made my way to the kitchen for my morning beverage I looked out the window into our yard and saw this.

Click for full size Image

When I saw this I immediately grabbed my camera and without giving it a second thought engaged Full Auto mode, aimed and shot. And it's a good thing I did. Because as soon as I shot this he jumped down and ran off. As you can see by looking at his eye my flash went off. I think that is what scared him. Strange though because I was about ten yards away. As an aside I have shot just over ten thousand frames and this is maybe the tenth or so time the flash was used. And probably the fifth or sixth time I shot in Auto. But if I hadn't this moment would never had been captured.

Snapshot photography stepped in and did it's job!

For the record here is the settings the camera chose. Well mostly.

- Canon EOS 80D (My Choice)
- Sigma DC 18-250mm Lens at 250mm (My Choice)
- AUTO Mode (My Choice)
- Aperture F7.03
- Shutter Speed 1/64 Second
- ISO (Film Speed) 1600
- Multi Segment Metering
- Flash

And now...

Yesterday's View...

Saturday October 14, 2017

And that's all for today folks. Thanks for stopping by!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment