Monday, October 2, 2017

Welcome To The Monday View

We were out walking around our neighborhood this evening enjoying the cooler weather when I took notice to a beautiful almost-full Moon. I have said it many times before but it's worth repeating that this time of the year and the Winter months are the best times to shoot the Moon. The air is crisper and there is much less haze. So when we got back from our walk I grabbed my camera and mounted it on my tripod, hooked up the remote shutter release and went at it. But this time I took a different approach. When shooting the Moon I generally underexpose the frame just a bit. I then brighten it up in post processing. The theory is that you can get better detail out of an image that is a little too dark than it is the tone down an overexposed image. And to a degree I agree with this. But I also think there is a happy medium to be found. And I think I may be on it's tail. Now this image is far from perfect. I'm working with consumer grade glass at a relatively short zoom. But I do my best to make it work. Please take a look. And if you are so inclined let me know what you think.

Click For Full Size Image


Technical Info

- Canon EOS 80D
- Canon EF-S 55-250mm Lens at 250mm (Image Stabilization Off)
- Manual Control
- Aperture F5.6
- Shutter Speed 1/125 Second
- ISO (Film Speed) 100
- Spot Metering

And now...

Yesterday's View...

Sunday October 1, 2017
That's all for today. Thanks for stopping by!

Until next time...

3 comments: