Sunday, September 25, 2016

Exploration Photography Daily View - September 25, 2016

Hi and welcome to the Daily View!

Okay, today I am wrapping up my snapshots from our trip to Florida. And what better to share than a whole bunch of pictures from South Of The Border? So sit back, relax and enjoy a little bit of Roadside America at it's finest.



























































Whew! I told you it would be a bunch. I think they are pretty much self explanatory but I will give my thoughts of this must see destination.

This was my second time visiting South Of The Border. The last time was over twenty years ago back in the 1990's. But to tell the truth I don't remember a whole lot about it. I do remember that at that time I did not purchase fireworks due to the fact that we were on a cross country drive to California. I didn't want to take any chances. Plus we didn't spend a lot of time there. We had a lot of highway ahead of us. I do remember that it was a little cleaner and a little less run down. Oh, it's not terrible now but it sure is not what it used to be. And it is still a piece of Roadside America. A place that existed before the Interstate System at a time when travel took a lot longer. Back then diversions were almost a necessity. But as time marched on and people became busier and more impatient many of these places folded up. Which to me is a shame. And that's why I say this is a must see if you happen to be traveling I-95 through the Carolinas. Yes, it's tacky. But it's an American classic at the same time.

You can read more here, here and here

And now...

Yesterday's View...


Saturday September 24, 2016

Thanks for stopping by!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment