Saturday, September 24, 2016

Exploration Photography Daily View - September 24, 2016

Hi and welcome to the Daily View!

Today I would like to show you some more snapshots from our recent trip to Florida. This time we take a look at some of the sites along the way during our trip home. 

Welcome to Georgia.

You never know what you will see at a welcome center.

Here we have the smallest church in America. You can read about it here. I would like to note that if you decide to visit late at night that it can be a little scary. The mile long stretch leading up to the church from I-95 is very dark and secluded. I recommend the use of a GPS because it is easy to miss. And I would be lying if I said it wasn't a little spooky. It's very lonely out there. Plus the sign warning you not to give money to people on the premises is kind of off putting. I asked the clerk at a local gas station about it and he said there is occasionally homeless people there.

We made it to South Carolina.

South Of The Border is possibly the most famous attraction along I-95 in South Carolina. While it is not what it was during it's prime it is still a great place to check out. Especially if you are on the hunt for fireworks.

And here we are in North Carolina. About one mile north of South Of The Border. I must say that the North Carolina Welcome Center is among the finest of welcome centers I have ever visited. And I have seen a lot of them.

Here we have what I call the North Carolina Welcoming Committee. Southern hospitality with an avian touch.

Here comes the rain.

Welcome to Virginia.

Yep, the Virginia Welcome Center. I'm not kidding. This is it. Okay, in their defense they are constructing a new building to house what will be a nice and I am sure state of the art welcome center.

And here is a couple more from the road. We didn't really stop at many welcome centers after Virginia



And there you have it. I think I have shown you most of my snapshots. Though I do have a bunch from South Of The Border, Maybe I'll share them in my next post.

And now...

Yesterday's View...

Friday September 23, 2016

And that will do it for today folks. Thanks for stopping by!

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. Great traveling with you in a shortened form. I did follow along for hours on facebook and stayed up until you got home. Yes, I really did. You didn't think I'd go to bed before I was sure you were safe, did you? Thanks for sharing all the pictures. I know you had a great time on your Florida trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed the trip along with. Thanks for checking in to make sure all went well :)It was a long journey but SO worth it. I would do it the same way all over again. And yes, we had a wonderful time.

      Delete