Sunday, September 18, 2016

Exploration Photography Daily View - September 18, 2016

Hi and welcome to the Daily View!

Today's view is going to be a little different. It's actually going to be several views. When traveling I shoot a lot more photos than I share here on my blog. Mostly with my phone as I generally reserve my DSLR for planned outings. Plus when I am using my regular camera I shoot with my phone too. Kind of as a backup because you just never know what can happen. From a memory card fail to the worst case of theft, it just happens. And my phone also saves GPS data that my current camera does not. So today I would like to share a handful of these images SOOC (straight out of camera). Meaning no cropping or adjustments of any kind have been made.

The following were all shot on our first full day in Florida at Lake Louisa State Park.

Swampy area adjacent to Lake Louisa
Swampy area adjacent to Lake Louisa

Alligator warning sign at lake Louisa. I didn't see any but they are apparently there. And yes, it is a swimming beach.
Lake Louisa
Main road that goes through the park shot through our windshield.

My vintage Canon AE-1 Program. Took her out for probably the first time in decades. I'll share the pics in a future post
Walkway out to a different lake. I can't recall the name though.
Yet a third lake that I am sorry to say I do not know it's name.

And there you have it. I always think it a shame that many photos, while not particularly artful, go unseen. After all it's about the memories and nothing conveys them better than snapshots. Hmm, maybe I'll do this more often.

And now...

Yesterday's View...

Saturday September 17, 2016
 Also, before I go I thought I would share one more thing with you. As you probably know Kim and I travel a lot. Sometimes far away and a lot of the time somewhat locally. For years I have relied on Tripadvisor to tell me if a place was going to be of interest to me or a place I may want to shy away from. While taking everything I read with a grain of salt I have learned how to read peoples ratings fairly well. To give back, so to say, I have started reviewing places we visit. If you are interested in my reviews you can check them out at the following link.

Larry's TripAdvisor Reviews

I do not get compensated in any way. I am just including this in case you would like to see my take on the places We visit.
 
Thanks for stopping by!

Until next time...

5 comments:

  1. You're braver than I am. No way am I going near any swamp. Gators can lay on the bottom for quite awhile.
    Love the photos though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually pretty safe. There is a wooden walkway that leads to the "beach". The beach is patrolled but I suppose they are just covering themselves. And when I say beach I mean a sandy area at the lakefront. It's still very nice though.

      Delete
  2. I love the picture of the swamp!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have some shots of it from my DSLR. I'll probably work on one of them. Stay tuned!

      Delete