Saturday, May 6, 2017

Welcome To the Daily View

Today I am switching things up a bit. Instead of sharing a photo of one of our cafe guests or some of our plants, flowers or other form of nature I would like to share one of my better "flea market finds" in quite a while. Or in this case a local thrift store.

I am always (and I mean ALWAYS) on the lookout for cameras. Doesn't matter if it is digital or film, newer or older. Though older film is what I like the most.  And I must have somewhere between two and three hundred specimens in my collection. So when I come across a brand I have never heard of let alone seen I jump on it. As long as it's affordable of course. The same goes for unique models from brands I am familiar with. Well today I found one. And aside from a sticky shutter and a minor dent it is in pretty good shape. Especially for its age.

Today for the bargain basement price of just $8.00 I procured this beautiful 1966 Petri Racer.

Click For Full Size Image

As with most vintage 35mm Range Finder cameras this one feels awesome in my hands. Though I must admit that I am a sucker for aluminum bodied mechanical cameras. And this one is as solid as they come. It's also the more sought after 45mm F1.8 lens version.

Here is some more views.

Top View

Side View

Note the dent at the upper left of the lens. Not a big deal. It's merely cosmetic.

Unusually positioned shutter release on the front of the camera. at least for a Range Finder

Petri Camera Company. Never heard of them.

Close up top of camera
Yep. She was last serviced on November 11, 1968. A mere 49 ears ago. That's two years older than me :) But it seems that Comet camera may still be in business at 1209 Walnut Street in Philadelphia.

Cool huh? As soon as I can find a shop that will fix the sticky shutter I will take it out for some field testing. And of course I'll report back to you :) Oh, by the way, this wasn't the only vintage camera I bought today. Wait until you see the other bargain.

And now...

Yesterday's View...

Friday May 5, 2017

And that will do it for now. Thanks for stopping by!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment