Sunday, March 12, 2017

Welcome To The Daily View

After weeks of getting used to the New Garden Cafe I think I am finally getting a better feel for it. I'm learning where everyone hangs out and likes to feed and who gets along with who and such. I am also figuring out what times of the day are best to observe and photograph. Today's photo in my opinion is one of my best since our move. I think you'll agree.

Click For full Size Image

This is one of the many Grackles we see every day. I had actually set out to capture a Woodpecker or Cardinal but this guy showed up instead. And that's okay. Everyone needs to eat and as long as there is enough to go around I'm fine with it.

Technical Info

- Canon 80D
- Sigma DC 18-250mm Lens at 128mm
- Shutter Priority
- Aperture F6.30
- Shutter Speed 1/800 Second
- ISO (Film Speed) 400
- Center Weighted Average Metering

As usual I cropped and and adjusted in Photoshop.

Here is the "Before" image.

Click For Full Size Image

But I wasn't just out there with my camera. Today I pulled out my GoPro HERO 5 and captured some really cool video. You squirrel lovers will probably like to fast forward to 5:58 . Or better yet just watch the whole thing. It's a little more than 11 minutes.

As always this video is best viewed at 1080p and at full screen. Oh and turn up the volume for some real sounds of nature.


And now...

Yesterday's View...

Saturday March 11, 2017

And that will do it for today my friends. But I'll be back real soon.

Thanks for stopping by!

Until next time...


1 comment:

  1. Love the grackle! Never knew what a grackle was. I agree that as long as everybody gets a chance to eat.
    Will the Cafe be open during the Nor'easter? Love the way the wings are captured!

    ReplyDelete