Sunday, April 17, 2016

Exploration Photography Daily View - April 17, 2016

Hi and welcome to the Daily View!

I set out early this morning to Valley Forge in search of what I hoped would be a beautiful sunrise. It was perfect. I was up early and the sky was crystal clear. A scenario I have played out many, many times before. But today was not so routine. As I approached the park with about five minutes to spare I noticed the main gate was closed and there was a Park Ranger parked in front of the entrance. Oh well, Plan B. I always have a Plan B. I headed to my second spot about two miles away only to find that gate is also closed. So I turn around in a last ditch effort and finally arrive at Washington Memorial Chapel just in time to realize I missed the sunrise. I was however able to grab some decent shots and now have a Plan C. In fact Plan C may be the new Plan B. It's really easy to get to and since it's not technically part of the park it is always open. Well the parking lot at least. I would like to thank my Sister Kathy for filling me in as to why the park was closed. Today was the Annual Valley Forge Revolutionary 5-Mile Run

So after all of this I would normally be sharing a sunrise with you. Well I will but not today. 

When I got home from my Sunday morning photo shoot I noticed one of our squirrels enjoying breakfast at the Cafe. So I grabbed my camera and as I approached her she continued eating and was not put off at all by my presence. In fact I was able to sit on the ground right on front of her and snap away. At one point I put my hand out and she sniffed it like a dog or cat would. I guess after all this time she has grown to become comfortable around me. Very cool! So for today's view I would like to share this with you.


This is from about a foot away and with no zoom. I just wish I had some peanuts with me at the time. But it was still very cool.

And now...

Yesterday's View...



And that's all for now my friends. But I invite you to come back real soon because I have some good stuff on the way.

Thanks for stopping by!

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. Oh it was nothing. I googled it and it came right up. How cool about the squirrel. The only problem I ever had with taming a squirrel was it was no longer afraid of the people next door to me who hated squirrels. So hard to know what to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Kathy. My Dad used to take us to feed the squirrels in the park. One day we arrived to find one shot with an arrow. We never went back. When I'm putting food out for the birds,I whistle for them.They'check in'but rarely linger unless whistled for.Be careful who knows you feed them & the critters are there.

    ReplyDelete