Saturday, March 5, 2016

Exploration Photography Daily View - March 5, 2016

Hi and welcome to the Daily View!

Today I would like to share one last photo from our trip to Longwood last weekend. Oh there's lots more but I think I may do what I call a "full post" so I can show you a lot of them at once. How's that sound?

This is something I have never seen before and I thought it was pretty cool.


These are orchids hanging from the ceiling in one of the Conservatory rooms with their roots out in the open. You can't see it from this shot but there are dozens of them. I'm not sure how they get water but I do know that orchids don''t need a lot anyway. But how about nutrients? Guess I'll have to do dome research.

And now is when I would normally share Yesterday's View with you but my computer is going nuts with a system update and I have no control over it and am finishing this on my phone. I am glad I was able to upload the photo in time. So I better go for now.

Thanks for stopping by! 

Until next time...

4 comments:

  1. Some orchids live on air. At least that is my understanding. I know there are some that live in or on trees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are those glass windows? Wouldn't it create humidity (moisture) like a greenhouse? At least enough for what they need?Great shot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are so I guess that may be it. Though it never feels humid in that room. I was thinking they may mist them at some point for moisture. I'll have to ask next time we're there.

      Delete