Sunday, March 27, 2016

Exploration Photography Daily View - March 27, 2016

Hi and welcome to the Daily View!

Happy Easter everyone!

Over the past few years I have come to start an Easter tradition of visiting Valley Forge to photograph the sunrise and then whatever else I am in the mood to work with. Well though I continued this tradition today I was unable to get the sunrise because it was way too cloudy. But that's okay because I was able to concentrate on other areas. Of course I shot a lot of frames of "my favorite tree". I can never seem to get enough of it. I would dare say I have photographed that tree on several dozen occasions and probably well over a thousand frames. Probably a lot more than a thousand. After I was done with the tree I did one of the things I often preach about in photography. I turned around. I always say that turning around can often lead to an even better scene than that I just finished with. I guess it boils down to observing everything around and really take in the environment. Even if it is somewhere I have been many times before I might just see it in a different way or from a different angle. This keeps it fresh if you know what I mean. At least that's how it is for me.

So today I am sharing what I saw when I turned around.



The moment I started to process the RAW image I knew this had to be black and white.

When I got home from the park the Garden Cafe was filled to the gills with diners. Big birds and little birds alike. And our squirrels too of course. The fountain bird bath got lot's of visitors too. Here's a video showing many birds coming and going.


This is best viewed full screen in 1080P HD. It's kind of long but there is a lot of action from start to finish. Feel free to scan through it.

And now...

Yesterday's View...


Before I go I would like to give you a quick history as to how my tradition of visiting Valley Forge on Easter morning started.  

Several years ago both of my parents passed. My dad in 2004 and my Mom in 2005. They are both buried at the cemetery at Washington Memorial Chapel located at Valley Forge. I try to visit when I can and a few years ago I went on Easter morning and just sort of did so every year since. It sort of makes this very special day even more special. And though the day can be somewhat solemn it is also very inspiring too.

Thanks for stopping by to read my blog my friends! I really appreciate it. Please be sure to come back real soon because I have a lot of good stuff coming your way.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment