Sunday, March 20, 2016

Exploration Photography Daily View - March 20, 2016

Hi and welcome to the Daily View!

Today is the official start of Spring and naturally we are having some of the coolest weather we have seen in a while. While Christmas day was in the 70's we are lucky if we saw 45° F (7° C) today. Right now we are at 36° F (2° C). But we assured that it will get warmer as the weeks goes along.

About a year ago I made several posts about our amaryllis. In fact here is a link where you can find them. I was amazed at how fast it grew. Especially because I had purchased it in a kit and didn't plant it for quite a while. Well as you can imagine the flower finally died off and so did the leaves. All there was left was a small stump. But I still kept if watered. And almost a year later I saw it's stem begin to grow. And grow and grow and grow. As of today it is 33 inches (84 centimeters) tall. And the flower has begun to open. Check it out.


And to show you just how tall it is I am including this photo.


Of course I'll be sure to share more photos as it opens.

And now...

Yesterday's View...


Thanks for stopping by!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment