Saturday, March 17, 2018

Saturday View - 17 March 2018 Edition

Welcome To The Exploration Photography Daily View

It's been a while but today I finally got to go out and shoot somewhere besides in our own backyard. Not that I'm complaining about the wonderful and very plentiful nature that I have right here at home but some variety is nice too. And best of all it was someplace we have never been to before. 

Today Kim and I headed to Peace Valley Park near Doylestown Pennsylvania in Bucks County. With my camera in hand we walked along Lake Galena where we saw lots of geese, some seagulls and a variety of other wildlife. After visiting the lake we drove to the parks nature center. The nature center houses an activity center and a nice gift shop. But best of all it also has a really nice bird blind. In the blind we were able to see birds at a very close range and of course photograph them. There was a good variety too. We saw bluejays, cardinals, finches and a couple different kinds of woodpeckers in addition to other breeds too. I just wish I had been better prepared. When we went out this morning I had fitted my camera with a lens that only zooms to 55mm. This is great for landscapes but not so much for wildlife. But I did get some good shots and for today's view I would like to share this one with you.

Click For Full Size Image

This red bellied woodpecker (I know it's belly isn't red but that's a subject for another post) was shot from quite a distance and I had to crop it a lot. But I think it came out okay. Next time I'll bring a longer lens.

Here is the EXIF data.


And here is Yesterday's View...

Friday March 16, 2018

And that will do it for today. Thanks for stopping by!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment