Monday, January 1, 2018

Welcome To The Monday View

Happy New Year my friends! I hope last year saw you well and that the new year is even better.

Today I am starting something I have wanted to do for a while now. It may or may not be a secret that I have a lot of cameras. And I mean A LOT. I'm into the hundreds in fact. And they are all over the board. I have so called "Toy Cameras", many, many point and shoot film cameras as well as a healthy dose of point and shoot digitals. I have bridge cameras and of course a few SLR and DSLR models. I even have a handful of Rangefinders. Displaying such a collection is rather difficult. But I don't want them to become forgotten. So I came up with an idea. Here goes...

I will share them with you right here on my blog. One at a time of course. While I will not really be doing a review I will be showing the camera to you and do a quick overview of it. In addition I will share pictures made with the camera. This means of course the film cameras will require a little more work. And expense. There is film to be purchased and then developed. The prints then need to be scanned. Not a problem really just time consuming. This being said I am starting with something a bit easier. One of my digital point and shoots. 

Please keep in mind that most of these cameras were purchased in used condition and may look as so. I try to clean them the best I can but sometimes there is only so much I can do. All of the images of the cameras are made by me unless otherwise stated.

Today we take a look at the...


Canon  PowerShot SD 600 Digital ELPH

The SD 600 Digital ELPH is a very compact digital Point and Shoot model that is mostly intended to be used in Full Auto mode but does allow some limited Manual adjustments. The images I made for this post were made using some of these manual settings and have not been altered in any way. They are Straight Out Of Camera (SOOC).

I acquired this SD 600 at a yard sale this past Summer. In fact it was right here in my own neighborhood. I think I paid something like US 5.00 for it. The battery was kind of shot but I was able to get a really good deal on Amazon for an aftermarket replacement that included a charger. So for all intents and purposes it is ready to go.








Sample Images Made With The SD 600






My take on this camera is that for a rather obsolete 6 Megapixel Point and Shoot with a small image sensor it performed rather well. The White Balance is a tad toward the bluish side but that is something that can be corrected in post processing. And keep in mind that I was tinkering with it's Manual settings and Auto may perform better. With it's size I would say this is a good camera to have on hand when you don't want something bulkier like a DSLR or do not want to use a camera phone. I wouldn't use it for serious photography but would not think twice about using it for snapshots.

Now, here is Yesterday's View...

Sunday December 31, 2017

And here is another video from yesterday's Cafe video shoot. Pay close attention at about 1 minute into the video. Things get up close and personal.




And there you have it. I hope you enjoyed my first post of the new year. I also hope to see you again real soon.

Thanks for stopping by!

Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. I use a Cannon Power Shot ELPH 190 IS. I find it gives me all the options I need at this point in my photography. I'm really happy with it. Yours must be a much older model than mine.

    ReplyDelete