Sunday, May 3, 2015

Tulip Time At Longwood

It's that time of year again when Spring Blooms start to grow into full fledged flowers. And for my money there is no place better to enjoy them than Longwood Gardens in Kennett Square, Pennsylvania. Now anyone who has been reading my blog for any amount of time knows that Longwood is one of my favorite places to photograph. The other two of my top three would of course be Valley Forge National Park and Jenkin's Arboretum in Devon, Pennsylvania.

Well Kim and I took a drive to Longwood yesterday to see the tulips. And as usual we were not disappointed. They are in peek bloom and absolutely spectacular. Today I would like to share some of them with you. Sound good? Great let's get started.







This is just a small sampling. There are literally thousands of tulips. And there was also a lot of people all trying to do the same thing. Photograph the tulips. But that turned out to be a good thing. It left the rest of the grounds easier to navigate. And we took full advantage of it. But that is for another post. Maybe even one of those extra posts I mentioned yesterday. We'll see.

Thanks so much for stopping by and as always I hope to see you here again at the blog.

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. Amazing! How the name 'tulip' can cover so many varieties! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie! Before we started visiting Longwood I didn't know there was so many varieties.

      Delete