Sunday, May 10, 2015

A Weekend Of Camping

Hi folks! How was your weekend? Kim and I had a busy one. It seems that all of our weekends are busy anymore. Between projects around the house and trying to make the most of the warmer weather and such. And I'm not complaining at all. So this weekend we took a short camping trip about 45 minutes north of here at the Allentown KOA in New Tripoli, Pennsylvania. It was me, Kim and our dog Schnitzel. Here is a shot of us in front of the cabin we stayed in.


We have been camping several times over the years. We've stayed in tents and cabins and have experienced nice weather and some not so nice weather. And I must say that I have enjoyed it every time. Now one of the most basic of camping activities is of course the campfire. And I have to admit that I am just not that good at getting a good campfire going. Until this year. Kim did some research and we used some tips from others online and we finally did it.


I have a bunch of photos to share with you from the weekend and will probably spread them over two full posts. So today to wrap up this post I would like to show you a handful that I shot while taking a walk up one of the hills surrounding the campground. It was early and very peaceful.







And that will do it for today. But like I said I have more that I will probably post during the week. Please be sure to check back.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

Until next time...

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had such a nice time. It looks like fun. I love hiking in peaceful settings like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy, we did have a good time. My little hike was really nice. There were no other people but lot's of nature:)

      Delete
  2. I'm not much of a camper...but love walking in nature....listening to birds,breeze in the trees;it brings a peace to one's spirit.
    Glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had one of their basic cabins. I like to call it a wooden tent:) It did have electric and air but the only water was a spigot on the side of the building and we had to use the public restrooms and showers. If you like the nature part but are not into camping you could always rent a full cabin with a bathroom and kitchen. It's like having a hotel room. Most campgrounds, especially KOA's, have them.

      Delete