Friday, December 9, 2016

Exploration Photography Daily View - December 9, 2016

Hi and welcome to the Daily View!

The Winter months are an excellent time to shoot the Moon. On a clear cold evening I can get some really crisp and clear images of the everyone's favorite satellite. Tonight is such a night. Nice and cold. And... I have a new toy. I found myself an early Christmas present on Amazon. For the sole purpose of shooting the Moon I purchased a 500mm lens. Now I could have gone the normal route and spent thousands of dollars. But instead I went the cheap route and bought a very basic fully manual $89 lens made by a company I have never heard of. Cool huh? And after a quick skim through a rudimentary instruction manual I finally said the heck with it and hooked up this glorified gun scope and shot this.


I need to work on it a bit but I don't think this is too bad for a first attempt. Now what I really need is a new tripod head that affords me some better freedom to adjust my aim. That will not be cheap.

And now...

Yesterday's View...

Thursday December 8, 2016

Thanks for stopping by!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment