Sunday, December 18, 2016

Exploration Photography Daily View - December 18, 2016

Hi and welcome to the Daily View!

So we went from a cold rainy/sleety day to a rather warm rainy day. But like the saying around here goes; It could be snow!

The warmer temperatures inspired me to set up in the Cafe and do some shooting. It went well overall but being kind of rainy I had to work around the darkness clouds bring. Photographing birds almost requires using a fast shutter speed. And to obtain the best detail I would like to use a low film speed. Two things that don't mix with dark. So I had to lower the shutter and raise the film. This resulted in photos that were not quite as crisp as I would prefer and there was definitely too much grain. But I was able to remedy a lot of this in post processing.

So for your viewing pleasure I present you with this... In color and black and white...



So my question for you is which do you like better? I have an opinion but I would love to know if we agree.

And now...

Yesterday's View...

Saturday December 17, 2016

And that will do it for today my friends. But I'll be back real soon with more to share. Be sure to check back often because I have some really exciting new stuff coming your way just after the beginning of the new year. You won't want to miss it.

Thanks for stopping by!

Until next time...

5 comments:

  1. I like the color best. I think it has more depth. I'm interested in knowing which you like best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see your point. Definitely more depth in the color version. I like the black and white. It feels cleaner and less cluttered. If that makes sense :)

      Delete
  2. I like the color better. You really can't see the patina on the bird feeder in the black and white. And the coloration on birds enhances the photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see what you mean. Especially the feeder. Thanks for the feedback!

      Delete
  3. I also prefer the color version this time. And the way you caught that wing in motion- wow.

    ReplyDelete