Saturday, July 23, 2016

Exploration Photography Daily View - July 23, 2016

Hi and welcome to the Daily View!

How's the weather where you are? Here in the northeast it's been very hot and humid with temperatures reaching 95° and up. And it feels even hotter. Well with hot and humid weather also comes the chance of thunderstorms. And boy did we get some. None of them long lasting but damaging nonetheless.

Kim and I spent much of our day going about our routine shopping trips and such. But when driving home in the late afternoon we came across this.


This is about 3/4 of a mile from home. The only other ways home are about three mile out of the way. Which isn't bad I guess. But while trekking an alternative route we saw lots of damage. But at home we were fortunate not to have had any damage of our own.

Now on a completely different note I would like to try something new.

Kim and I are often on the run. Sometimes it's close go home and many times somewhere a bit further away. We both feel that it is important to get out there and see as much as we can. After all life would be boring if all we did was work and then sit at home. We're going to do what we can while we can. And you know what? When there is that day when we can't get around as good as we once did I will sure have a lot of pictures to look at and reminisce. Now, when you are out and about a lot you will sometimes see a thing or two. If you know what I mean. So I thought it would be fun to share some of these moments with you. How's that sound? Okay, here we go.

While shopping today we found ourselves at one of our local Walmart stores. I say "one of" because we have three within five miles from home. Anyhow, as we made our way down one of the store aisles I look over and see this.


I guess when you're hungry you're hungry. And at least whoever opened this can and ate it's contents was trying to watch their diet. The chicken is lower in fat than the pork. And thankfully Vienna Sausage is fully cooked right out of the can!

How's that for a start? I will try to post my sightings once a week on the weekend but I am not promising anything. We'll see how it works out.

And now...

Yesterday's View...

Friday July 22, 2016







Thanks for stopping by!

Until next time...


4 comments:

  1. I wonder what happened that the truck was there. Glad you got home OK. I was outside taking clothes off of the line as quickly as I could while the rain pelted down and the thunder was... well... thundering. There was some hail too which I got hit with.

    I love the idea of showing what you find each week. It's something like what I used to do with my Friday View on my blog. I really should get back to that. But you had a great first picture. How funny. Can't wait to see what else you find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a township truck cleaning up some tree branches that were blocking the road. The branches actually fell in front of the underpass and the entrance to the State Police facilityn on the turnpike.

    Oh I have seen some "interesting" things. I have to remember to keep it Rated PG :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't realized there was chicken sausage. Not that I'm a fan..Love the owl though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vienna Sausage is one of those things that I can eat every so often but after a while it just repulses me. In fact I have a can right here in my desk drawer at work. Just in case :)

      Delete