Sunday, August 19, 2018

Sunday View - 19 August 2018 Edition

Welcome To The Exploration Photography Daily View

Four years my friends! Four years ago I made a commitment to post a photo every day. And for four years I have done so. Sometimes it has been a simple snapshot and others something I put a lot of work into. This Summer in particular has been a little different with Kim and me traveling every weekend but so far I have kept up with it. And I hope to continue and dare I say even improve on that. I have lots of ideas but just need to put them to work.

As much as this blog is an outlet for me to express myself with my camera there is something equally important. That is you the viewer. Without someone to share with this would be all for naught. To me it's just awesome that there are people out there that take the time to visit Exploration Photography and check in on what's going on in my world. Thank You!

The idea behind today's photo is much the same as the first daily photo I shared on August 19, 2014. And it's simple. No really, it's simple. Or perhaps simplicity. I took something that we could see any day but may not notice and attempted to make you notice it. Make sense?

Here is Today's photo. I shot this today as Kim and I were closing up camp for the week. Can you guess what it is?

Click For Full Size Image

Okay, I know this is pretty easy. These are of course droplets of water. They were hanging from the support beams of our camper's awning. Just an every day thing that caught my eye. And for those interested...

Here is the EXIF data.


And no milestone post would be complete without one of if not my most popular subject. During the course of my blog something new was spawned. And that would be the Avian Cafe. The Avian Cafe was our yard at our previous house and more specifically the area that I had bird feeders. But anyone who has maintained a bird feeder knows that not just birds eat from them. Squirrels do too. And while many see them as pests I see them as wildlife that is just trying to survive. So instead of fighting them I went with it and fed them too. So at that time the Avian Cafe became the Garden cafe. Fast forward a few years to when we moved here  and I created the "New" Garden cafe. The new one is much bigger simply because we have much more land to work with.  And LOTS of variety of birds too along with more squirrels than ever.

So there you have it. A quick history of the Cafe. Oh and this too.

Click For Full Size Image

And before I share Yesterday's View and wrap this up I would like to share two things I have learned over the last four years.

One, even if you are not fond of squirrels it's a lot easier to live with them for a few bucks a week. A simple bag of peanuts helps keep them away from your garbage cans. This is of course my opinion based on personal experience.

And two, THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A SQUIRREL PROOF BIRD FEEDER!. Do not waste your money. And if some company guarantees their feeder is squirrel proof they are liars. Plain and simple. Squirrels are a lot smarter and MUCH more resourceful than you could ever imagine.

To put it simply, just try to get along with them. besides, they are really fun to watch!

Here is yesterday's View.

Saturday August 18, 2018
And that will do it for today. Thanks for stopping by!

Until next time...

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your four years! It has been so much fun viewing this each day and I have enjoyed sharing it with my friends also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary! Has it really been 4 years? I really like the droplets.I seem to remember you doing them from a flower or leaf once.Those were so pretty! they sometimes catch the sun so there's a rainbow! guess that's the hardest to shoot. I agree with you about the squirrels.Easier to live with them.And they are kinda cute. Thank you for showing me how wonderful the world is. I will try to stop by more often!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Debbie! Please stop by whenever you get a chance. I have some ideas in my head that I will be trying soon. Stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete