Saturday, July 21, 2018

Saturday View - 21 July 2018 Edition

Welcome To The Exploration Photography Daily View

In the front of our house right outside our front door there is some ornamental onion grass that Kim and I planted sometime last Summer. We used it to replace a plant that we believe to have been eaten by deer. And though I have seen deer in our yard since they seem to be leaving our garden alone. Now I never knew that the the onion grass would flower but it sure has. And let me tell you bees of many variety seem to really be attracted to them. I have seen yellow jackets, bumble bees and even a bee or two that I've never seen before. I've even seen some kind of moth or butterfly (or whatever it is) that I've never seen before. And none of them seem to bother anyone or be attracted to anything but these onion grass flowers. I did share a photo that I shot with my phone last week. Today however I decided to shoot a few frames with my DSLR. I got some good shots though I think I'll give it another try. For now though I would like to share this one with you.

Click for Full Size Image

Not bad for a handheld shot. But next time I think I'll use a tripod and remote.

Here is the EXIF data.


And here is Yesterday's View.

Friday July 20, 2018

And that will do it for today. Thanks for stopping by!

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. They look a lot like my chive flowers. I guess because they are in the same family. So pretty. Can you eat them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never eaten them and probably wouldn't. You probably could eat then though.

      Delete