Sunday, September 17, 2023

Sunday View - 17 September 2023 Edition

Welcome To The Exploration Photography Daily View

Well getting up early to meet the sun has finally paid off. After two other trips to the park under the advisory of our "wonderful" weather forecasts a third trip was truly cloud free. So in this case the third time was a charm. Anyway, I was up about an hour before sunrise and checked the weather and again was assured that the sky was clear. So I dressed, grabbed my camera and headed to the Norristown Farm Park and to one of my favorite sunrise spots. And I didn't have to wait long for the sun to make it's appearance. So for today's view I would like to share some of my pictures with you. Now please keep in mind a few things. First, no it was not really as dark as it looks. To shoot the sun and get a result that doesn't wash out the scene I have to meter on the sun itself and that creates a dark background. I am able to compensate a bit in post processing but I don't like to over do it and make the picture look phony, for lack of a better term. This may change if I decide to purchase a set of filters but right now I use none. I have often read that the way I do my sun photos is incorrect but I don't care what "experts" say. I am pleased with my results. And I hope you like them too. Anyway enough rambling. Here is what I got today.






That's all for today. Thanks for stopping by!

Until next time...


4 comments:

  1. Really nice. This is Kathy by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All are great! Keep shooting 'your way'. If it works for you, that's all that matters.
    I like #4.

    ReplyDelete