Sunday, February 24, 2019

Sunday View - 24 February 2019 Edition

Welcome To The Exploration Photography Daily View

So we're walking along one of the many wooden walkways at our resort in Mexico one day last week and I was of course taking pictures. As usual Kim was ahead of me when she suddenly calls me to hurry up, and have my camera ready. I catch up to her and this is what I see.


These are coatis. Around here we only see them in zoos but in a warmer tropical climate they are everywhere. What happened is Kim like I said was ahead of me and decided to take out a pack of peanuts to snack on. Well as soon as the wrapper crinkled these guys came running. I guess they are used to being "treated" to the occasional snack. And yes at my coaxing Kim shared a few peanuts with them.


Little beggars!

Also, filed under the heading of don't try this, I did pet them. They were very soft and very friendly. Again, probably because they are used to people. But they are wild animals related to the racoon family and may bite. In other words don't do something stupid just because I did :)

You can read about coatis by Clicking Here.

That's all for today. Thanks for stopping by!

Until next time...


1 comment:

  1. Appreciate the warning! Just because they're cute....Great shots! Perhaps your squirrels sent them an email? lol

    ReplyDelete