Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Welcome To The Wednesday View

Earlier in the week I posted a shot of the sunrise over Atlantic City and told you that I exercised a bit of "artistic license" when I darkened the scene to show off just how dramatic the sunrise was in person. I also told you that I would share a more accurate image later in the week. Well that's just what I am doing today. And you also get a nice wide view too.

Click For Full Size Image

That bit of beach you can see is in Brigantine New Jersey just across the Inlet from Atlantic City.

Technical Info

- Canon EOS 80D
- Sigma DC 18-250mm Lens at 51mm
- Shutter Priority
- Aperture F8
- Shutter Speed 1/200 Second
- ISO (Film Speed) 200
- Center Weighted Average Metering

A quick note. In the data above you will see that I was shooting in Shutter Priority. Shutter Priority is where you set the shutter speed for a particular situation such as shooting wildlife or perhaps a sporting event and would use a fast speed to capture the action. Sort of a freeze frame effect. However this is not usually done with landscape images such as this one. And I used Shutter Priority quite by accident because I failed to reset my camera settings from the day before when I was photographing birds and squirrels in our backyard. Fortunately though everything turned out fairly well. Though I would have like some slightly crisper sunrise photos. It was a lesson learned.

You can read more about Camera Priority settings here if you are so inclined.

Here is the "Before" image.

Click For Full Size Image

And now...

Yesterday's View...

Tuesday August 1, 2017

And that will do it for today my friends. Thanks for stopping by!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment