Sunday, June 4, 2017

Welcome To the Sunday View

Hi all. First of all you may have noticed that the title of this post has changed. I have been wanting to tweak this for a while but for some reason just never did. So here you go. Today is Sunday hence "Sunday View". And tomorrow will "The Monday View" and so on... But for now let's move along to today's photo.

I was up and out in the cafe early this morning and after I made sure everyone was well fed I pulled out the camera gear and set up to shoot for a bit. It started out kind of overcast but fortunately the sun broke through and I was able to use a faster shutter speed and in turn was able to grab some pretty good stuff. And on top of that I was also able to shoot something unusual.

I see Bluejays almost every day. Over time I have learned what they like to eat and where they like to find it. And that would be peanuts that I toss out into the yard. I never see them at the feeders. Once in a while they may eat whatever the other birds spill but that's about it. Until today that is. Today I saw this guy at one of our suet feeders. And it was the feeder close to our house. Very unusual but also very welcome.

Click fir full Size Image

Technical Info

- Canon EOS 80D
- Sigma DC 18-250mm lens at 61mm
- Shutter Priority
- Aperture F7.10
- Shutter Speed 1/1000 Second
- ISO (Film Speed) 400
- Center Weighted Average Metering

Here is the "Before" image.

Click For Full Size Image

While shooting photos I also shot a little bit of video. As you will see things can get a little rough here at the Cafe. I am happy to report though that everything turned out well and everyone got their share. If you watch to the end you will see a surprise winner.


And now...

Yesterday's View...

Saturday June 3, 2017

And that's all for now my friends. Thanks as always for stopping by!

Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. The waterfall was cool! I really enjoyed the 'feeder'video. I think if the bird sitting on the bush realized he could have eaten from the bottom! ha ha! Thanks for the view!

    ReplyDelete