Friday, August 29, 2014

August 29, 2014 - Photo Of The Day

It's called the "Golden Hour". The hour or so after sunrise and before sunset. This is the very best time for nature and landscape photographers. The sweet spot if you will. It is during this time that the sun's light is at it's friendliest. Today's Photo Of The Day is a good example.


I shot this on the beach in Wildwood Crest this evening about 40 minutes to sunset. Note the golden tone in the sand. If this were taken at noon it would have been washed out and dull.

Oh and the seagull tracks are cool too!

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I didn't know about this. I'm going to try to get some pictures during this time and see how they turn out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really can make a difference Kathy. Like I said in my post, the light is much less harsh.

      Delete