Sunday, June 26, 2016

Exploration Photography Daily View - June 26, 2016

Hi and welcome to the Daily View!

One of my favorite things to do is visit new places and of course document them with my camera. As time goes on though it gets tougher and tougher to do that in our immediate area. But once in a while we find a place that has been overlooked and today we did just that. There is a County Park in the Phoenixville area called Upper Schuylkill Valley Park that is adjacent to the Schuylkill River. Like a lot of parks there is a picnic area and walking trails but there is also what I believe to be a reserve for local wildlife. It's actually pretty cool. Naturally I shot lots of photos, mostly of the resident animals. But today I would like to share this with you.


Anyone know what it is? I don't. Maybe it had flowers at one time? It's pretty cool though and there is a lot of them on one of the trails. Oh, I also shot some film today and this plant was one of the subjects. When I get the prints back I'll post the results.

This morning before we set out for the day Kim and I spent a little time in the Garden cafe admiring the birds. I noticed one in particular that was hanging around a lot. A young female cardinal. The cardinals usually get spooked real easy by people but this girl didn't seem to mind us. Of course I didn't have a camera with me. But when we got home later in the day I saw her again and was able to grab a camera and get several pictures of her. Here is one of them.


And now...

Yesterday's View...

Saturday June 25, 2016

And that will do it for now my friends. Thanks as always for stopping by!

Until next time...


1 comment:

  1. Sorry,don't know what that is either. Certainly is unusual. I like the cardinal.

    ReplyDelete