Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Welcome To The Daily View

Today is the last day of February and we are one day closer to Spring. So keeping with the flowers and blooms theme I am sharing another one of our house plants with you. This is my first and only African Violet. Another flower that I have been told time and again is hard to care for.

Click For Full Size Image

We have had this violet for about a year now and though the flowers do eventually wilt we seem to see new ones every few months. And all I do is water it twice a week and vary the amount of sun it gets.

Technical Info

- Canon 80D
- Sigma DC 18-250mm Lens at 250mm
- Aperture Priority
- Aperture F22
- Shutter Speed 1 Second
- ISO (Film Speed) 800
- Spot Metering

I shot this at close range with my lens fully extended and naturally my camera was tripod mounted. I used the camera's self timer to avoid camera shake.

Post processing was done in Photoshop with the help of Google's NIK Collection of filters.

Here is the "Before" image.

Click For Full Size Image

And now...

Yesterday's View...

Monday February 27, 2017

Thanks for stopping by!

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I don't know if you remember, but I had four or five African Violets when I moved where I am now. Derdo had lots of them and they always did well. It must run in the family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I remember yours but not Derdo's. I guess I was a little too young.

      Delete