Monday, February 13, 2017

Welcome To The Daily View

While not exactly your typical zoo attraction there is something that fascinates me about the Turkey Vultures that call Elmwood home. I really don't know what it is but I have found myself shooting them as much as I would any other animal. Here is an example from our recent trip this past weekend.

Click For Full Size Image

Imagine what a vulture might look like with a full head of feathers. I think they would appear like any other bird of prey.

Technical Info

- Canon 80D
- Sigma DC 18-250mm Lens at 212mm
- Aperture Priority
- Aperture F8.0
- Shutter Speed 1/1000 Second
- ISO (Film Speed) 400
- Center Weighted Average Metering

Cropping and minor adjustments made in Photoshop.

Here is the "Before" image.

Click For Full Size Image

And now...

Yesterday's View...

Sunday February 12, 2017

As a side note I made a 16" x 20" print of this guy and I am very happy with how it came out on paper. And it is proudly displayed above our fireplace mantle.

Thanks for stopping by!

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. Who can explain an attraction? Maybe cause it's different?(He is that!) Just enjoy the photos!

    ReplyDelete