Monday, October 2, 2023

Monday View - 2 October 2023 Edition

Welcome To The Exploration Photography Daily View

Recently I discovered an update to the camera app on my phone. There is now an available "Expert Raw" setting that really provides flexibility. But it also has something else. An astrophotogrpahy mode. I know that the Google Pixel series of phones have had this for a while so I wanted to give it a try on my Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra. My first impressions are pretty good but I will say that to get a really decent image I still needed to adjust it in Photoshop. But since it is a Raw image that's pretty easy and there's a lot of room for adjustment. Today's view is my third try. It is a ten minute exposure. From what I can gather the camera shoots many still images and internally stacks them for the final result. That is why there are no star trails. I could do the same thing with my Canon 80D with the use of stacking software. I may try that but for now I would like to share this with you. I want to add that I could not see 90 percent of the stars shown here.

That's all for today, Thanks for stopping by!

Until next time...


6 comments: