Sunday, July 16, 2023

Sunday View - 16 July 2023 Edition

Welcome To The Exploration Photography Daily View

Well the hot and mostly dry weather we had yesterday has turned into fairly warm but very wet weather today. In fact my personal weather station has recorded 1.40 inches of rain so far. There was a period of partial sun and no rain for a couple hours but it has since started raining again. We do need it so it's a good thing I guess. It would just be nice if the rain would fall during the work week. During the clear period I set up at the suet feeder to see who would stop but and the answer was pretty much everyone. But for today's view I am concentrating on a couple woodpeckers. As you will see in the second of the three photos I am sharing it appears that the one woodpecker is feeding the other. I captured several frames displaying this. I believe the bright red headed one to be a male and the duller colored one to be female. At least that's how it works with most birds. I'll have to read up a little on the subject. Take a look and if you like let me know what you think.



That's all for today. Thanks for stopping by!

Until next time...


2 comments:

  1. Great shots! I especially like the first one. I like the lines it creates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took me a couple of minutes to realize the first woodpecker was eating....upside down!!
    How interesting. I think you're right about the male / female colors. The females must blend
    with the nest.

    ReplyDelete