Friday, November 11, 2016

Exploration Photography Daily View - November 11, 2016

Hi and welcome to the Daily View!

Early this morning before work I was in our basement going through some packed boxes looking for something. I didn't find what I was looking for but I did come across something really cool. 

Going back some years I inherited a handful of cameras from my Cousin Charles. Charles was quite the shutterbug and had a small but somewhat interesting collection. I have fond memories of him sharing it with me from the time I was a child and well into my adult years. In fact he is a very big part of why I love the art of photography. And today I would like to share with you one of the coolest cameras that is now mine to enjoy and preserve.

Here is the Pentax Auto 110.






Remember the days of 110 cameras? Yeah, me too. They sure were convenient but the quality was lacking. This was due to the very small negative. But with this camera Pentax attempted to improve the 110 image with what I believe to be the only (or at least one of very few) 110 SLR cameras with interchangeable lenses. I have never shot with this camera and seeing as 110 film was discontinued in 2009 you would think it impossible to do so now. But there is hope. And that hope is a company named Lomographische AG. They produce many styles of extinct film including 110. So perhaps I will snag a roll or two and see what this baby can do.

And now...

Yesterday's View...

Thursday November 10, 2016

Thanks for stopping by!

Until next time...

2 comments: