Sunday, November 5, 2023

Sunday View - 5 November 2023 Edition

Welcome To The Exploration Photography Daily View

Hi there my friends. Today's view is a little different. I have been wanting to try out a little project for a while and with the nice weather we are having today I thought it was the perfect time.

I have been into photography since the days of film. I started with point and shoot 126 and 110 cameras and eventually moved up to 35mm. My first 35mm was a Canon T50. Throughout the years I have had many different cameras, mainly Canon but I have had a handful of Nikon too.

The thing about a film camera is that your number of shots is limited to how many rolls of film you have on hand. And of course you don't really know how a particular shot turned out until it was developed. And this could take anywhere from 1 hour to  a week depending on where you got your film developed. Unless you developed your own film which I did not. While all of this may sound like a disadvantage I see it different. Before digital you used these limitations to carefully compose a frame. And if you didn't have an AUTO setting you had to choose your Aperture and Shutter Speed wisely and of course you were limited to whatever ISO film you currently had installed. And all of this made you pick and choose your shots carefully. So where am I going with this?

Today I headed to the park with my camera in hand but I also set some parameters for my shoot. And they were:

- A strict limit of no more than 24 exposures

- All images were to be saved in camera as JPG instead of RAW like I normally shoot

- No editing or touch up. All shared imaged are straight off the memory card

- I must share every image no matter the quality

- All images were to be shot in Aperture or Time Value mode

- for this project I was able to choose a different ISO for each image

The JPG rule was set to kind of make it like having a commercial lab develop my film and choose preset parameters to print a "pleasing image". The sharing of all images is to make this comparable to opening an envelope of photos and seeing the results, good or bad.

So how did this work out? Have a look at these 24 random images and decide for yourself.
























That's all for today. Thanks for stopping by!

Until next time...


1 comment:

  1. I think they turned out great! I really like the bird roosting on the pole, The telephone pole
    highway, and the fall pathways. The telephone pole reminded me of John Denver's "Take Me
    Home Country Roads".

    ReplyDelete