Saturday, November 25, 2023

Saturday View - 25 November 2023 Edition

Welcome To The Exploration Photography Daily View

Though the weather was cool today I took a drive to Pawling Farm, part of valley Forge National Park. There are very popular trails there and always lots of people walking dogs. The farm is also home to the attraction I go there to see. The 300 year old (estimated) sycamore off of one of the walking trails. 300 years is pretty old for a tree along the east coast where European settlers first landed. Plus the tree is near the encampment of Washington's troops during the Revolution. It's for that reason it's often called the Witness Tree. I also heard it referred to as the George Washington tree. So for today's view I would like to share some photos from the park. Snapshots actually. These were all made with my Canon G9X compact camera set to AUTO. The only thing I did was convert each picture to a PNG. I do this because for some reason websites such as Facebook don't seem to alter them like they do JPEGS.

















That's all for today. Thanks for stopping by!

Until next time...


2 comments:

  1. As usual, i love the walking lanes. I can see why you like the tree. It intrigues me ,the way the
    branches twist & turn, up & down. Fascinating!! Is that a ...cabin with the orange netting around it?
    Looks a bit big, but I thought it might be an outhouse... okay don't laugh. I'm really glad you went
    as this has proved to be a very entertaining shoot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually that is an outhouse. It is two sided but obviously very old. The house behind the fence usedgto be about four times the size it is now

      Delete