Monday, May 29, 2023

Monday View - 29 May 2023 Edition

Welcome To The Exploration Photography Daily View

Today in honor of Memorial Day I would like to share some photos I made at Valley Forge National Park. Valley Forge was not only the Winter encampment of General Washington's troops during the early days of the American Revolution but also where the Continental Army became a true professional army. And though there never a shot fired in battle Valley Forge had it's share of death and despair. Today the park is quite a pleasant venue for hiking, picnicking and recreation. And with it being in my backyard it has always been a very special place to me.

All of my photos today are in black and white. I did this to set sort of an historical tone. These first two are General Washington's Headquarters and what I believe was a horse stable.


And these images of the statue of George Washington that stands very close by.



That's all for today. Thanks for stopping by!

Until next time...


2 comments:

  1. Very nice pictures and a great way to honor the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting. I agree about using the black & white.

    ReplyDelete