Saturday, March 4, 2023

Saturday View - 4 March 2023 Edition

Welcome To The Exploration Photography Daily View

Good morning my friends. The time is 7:09 am Eastern as I am writing this and it's quite cloudy but rather warm at around 45° F (7° C). Like a lot of Saturdays I would have liked to grab some sunrise shots but the clouds hid it away from view so that wasn't an option. Now I am trying to decide what to shoot today. And what I have decided is to try a day long update again. Now this isn't being posted throughout the day, just once in the evening. But I am updating the post as I go just like I did a couple weeks ago. Let's see how this goes.

Now for my first picture. What better way to start the day than with a squirrel? This little guy was across the street when I went out with a bag of peanuts. I called to him and shook the bag and he ran across to the Cafe (our yard) for a tasty treat.

******

Hi again. The time is now 2:15 PM and I just got back from running some errands. While I was out I decided to take a drive to the Betzwood Trailhead at Valley Forge National Park and check out the bridge that connects the two side of the park that are divided by the Schuylkill River. There has always been a bridge there, at least as long as I remember. At one time it was open to automobile traffic but that was closed off many years ago. Then about three or four years ago (maybe longer) a new pedestrian only bridge was installed. And yes it's taken all this time for me to walk it. And now for this update I would like to share a few pictures I shot while there. And there are some nice views.


Here we see the pedestrian bridge alongside US Route 422. This portion of 422 Runs from King of Prussia Pennsylvania to Hershey Pennsylvania.

A very muddy Schuylkill River. Wind gusts have been in the high 20's (MPH) today. It's warm though.

A trail I discovered that runs under Route 422. Looks a little sketchy at first but it was okay. Wouldn't go there at night though.

The underside of Route 422. Believe it or not it was very quiet even with the busy traffic up above.

Route 422 from the other side of the Schuylkill River.

******

It's now 5:23 PM and I am wrapping up today's post. And to do so I would like to share one of our Cafe regulars. This very pretty female cardinal. I wasn't sure we would get any evening guests at the Cafe because just a little earlier a red tailed hawk came around looking for dinner and scared everyone off. But he flew away to hunt elsewhere and our birds came back for a snack.

That's all for today. Thanks for stopping by!

Until next time...


4 comments:

  1. I like all the photos but the one of the underside (#6?) is my top pick. I could sit &
    listen / watch the water all day. I noticed that the female cardinals with their red beaks,
    have a certain beauty all their own. When you think of their more earthy color is to protect
    the nest....cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Funny thing is that I wasn't sure if anyone would like the shot under 422. I included it because it was along the trail. I was amazed how quiet it was and looking now it's also very clean. As for the cardinals I think the females are a tad more photogenic. I like both but they are very unique.

      Delete
  2. I like the underside photo too. Very cool

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think my favorite is under 422 also. Great composition.

    ReplyDelete