Monday, December 26, 2022

Monday View - 26 December 2022 Edition

Welcome To The Exploration Photography Daily View

It's the day after Christmas and it's currently very cold at about 23°F (15°C). And it was even colder at sunrise with a temperature of 13°F (-10.5C). So what was I doing around that time of the morning? Why I was standing outside at the Norristown Farm Park waiting for the sun to rise. Crazy? Maybe. But I did get to see a beautiful morning sky. And of course I am going to share it with you now that my hands are fully thawed out. Funny how the colder months are the best for shooting both the morning and the night skies. And the colder the better. Oh well, we work with what are provided.






You may notice that my wider shots are a lot brighter than my shots that are zoomed in tighter. This is because I need to meter on the sun and in turn the rest of the image is darkened. The scene is actually quite bright when I photograph it. If I metered on the area surrounding the sun it would become washed out. The red sky however is caused by the sun as it rises over the horizon. You will notice the same at sunset. Maybe I'll try for one of those...

That's all for today. Thanks for stopping by!

Until next time...


2 comments:

  1. Well worth the wait! As an artist (whatever the medium) this is beautiful. Glad you thawed out!

    ReplyDelete