Sunday, November 10, 2019

Sunday View - 10 November 2019 Edition

Welcome To The Exploration Photography Daily View

Now that we are pretty much done with the shore for the next four or five months I am able to actually spend a little time here at home at the Cafe. Thus I have a lot more opportunity to photograph our local wildlife. So wasting no time I did just that today. And oddly for me the first shot I am sharing is not a squirrel. It's a bluejay. I was in the process of stalking one of our squirrels when I heard the very familiar and very loud call of a bluejay up in one of our trees. So I switched gears a bit and shot off several frames and came away with a couple good ones. And for today's view I would like you to see this one.



I would also like to share a second shot. After dark this evening I was shooting the Full Moon and thought it would be fun to do a long exposure of one of our Fall decorations. This is our turkey pumpkin. I shot this with no flash, manually focused and exposed for 20 seconds. I of course used a tripod and a remote shutter release. Oh and lamp post you can see behind the turkey was on but it shed almost no light on it. And the only adjustments I made was some cropping. Otherwise this is straight from the camera.



That's all for today. Thanks for stopping by!

Until next time...

3 comments:

  1. I love the bluejay shot! Really interesting how you shot the turkey decoration too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I finally feel like I did some "real" work. At least for the recent past.

      Delete
  2. Great shot of the jay but I love the turkey pumpkin! I guess sometimes it's cool to go back to the basics (non set-up) shots.

    ReplyDelete