Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Tuesday View - 4 December 2018 Edition

Welcome To The Exploration Photography Daily View

Yesterday morning as I was in our back yard (Cafe) filling the feeders I noticed the Moon high up in the sky. So I grabbed my camera and shot today's photo. Now, you may notice the unusual cropping I have done with this shot. It's not a landscape but also not really a portrait. I am really just trying to fit everything in. Because if you look closely you'll see Venus at the bottom of the frame. A simple picture yes. But here are a few facts to make you think a little. Our Moon is approximately 160 Million Miles from Venus. Venus is on average 162 Million Miles From Earth. And the Earth is 238,900 Miles from the Moon. Quite a triangle huh? Please keep in mind that these numbers change as the Moon orbits the Earth and the Earth and Venus orbit the Sun.

Click For Full Size Image
Here is the EXIF data.


And here is Yesterday's View.

Monday December 3, 2018

And that's all for today. Thanks for stopping by!

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. I saw that sight this morning but they were much closer together in the sky. I tried to get a picture, but failed. I will try again tomorrow. Great shot you got of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I was in the right place at the right time. Mainly up well before sunrise for work. Keep trying and I'm sure you'll get it. Remember, cold weather is best for shooting the night sky.

      Delete