Monday, June 2, 2014

George W. Childs Recreation Area

Sorry for the long delay between posts. Between work and getting the yard cleaned up for the summer it's been pretty busy around here.

Today I would like to wrap up our camping trip from last month by sharing some photos I shot at the George W. Childs Recreation Area along Dingmans Creek in the Pocono mountains. It is part of the Delaware Water Gap National Park and consists of a few sets of waterfalls.

Without further delay here are the pics!

Let's start at the park entrance.


And some scenery along the trail.




And of course the falls.






On the way out we passed this. There was a sign telling what it is but of course I forgot to take notes. I usually take a shot of the sign but I didn't do that either. Oh well, maybe next time?


We also saw this bug. If anyone knows what it is please let me know in the comments section.


And lastly there was this cool hand operated water pump. It has been converted into a water fountain. I tried it but it has been disabled. I thought it would look cool in black and white.


Thanks for stopping by. I really appreciate it. I have a lot ideas for future posts and I hope my next one comes quicker than this one did.

In the mean time please be sure to check out some more of my photos at these websites.

- lwmpix at Flickr

- lwment at 500px.com

- lwmpics.com (My main site)

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment