Sunday, October 16, 2016

Exploration Photography Daily View - October 16, 2016

Hi and welcome to the Daily View!

In yesterday's post I told you about the three incidences of birds getting stuck in one of my bird feeders. Specifically three finches that were trying to find one more bit of seed by sticking their heads under the feeder wall. Luckily we were able to free the bird each time but enough is enough. When it happened for the third time yesterday I threw the feeder right into our garbage can. I then headed for Home Depot and found what I think is a safer replacement and bought it. In fact I bought two. After cleaning and filling the new feeders I set them out and waited for this morning to see if the birds took to them. Truthfully action at the Cafe was slow at first. My patrons seemed to be ignoring them. But I set my camera out anyway and watched off and on from our kitchen. It took a while but finally birds seemed to have found their new and improved dining facilities. And man did it get busy. Check out today's photo to see just how popular the Cafe was today.


This feeder along with the other new one and the two others were filled when we went out around 11 am. When we got back around 3:30 PM they were all empty. I guess word got around.

Before the birds showed up this morning there was a lot of squirrel action going on. And I thought I'd share a little of it with you with this short video. Enjoy!


And now...

Yesterday's View...

Saturday October 15, 2016

Before I finish I would like to wish my Mom, Phyllis a Happy Birthday. We lost Mom 11 years ago on October 31st. Today she would be 85. I say lost however she is not truly lost. Almost everyday I think of her in some way. Whether it be a movie we saw together or what she would say or do in a particular situation or even the odd moment that I think "Mom would love this I should call her" only to then realize I cannot. Her legacy lives on in each of her children and the many people she touched. 

I love you Mom. Tell Dad I said Hi and to have  joke for me when we are together again :)

Thanks for stopping by!

Until next time...

4 comments:

  1. The one bird on the branch makes it appear to be 'standing room only'.Guess everybody got their turn.
    The squirrels are always adorable. I understand about your mom. My sister went to the Lord in 2002 & I still have times of reaching for the phone! She loved tigers (incl Tigger) & I even reach to buy one for her....My Lord helps me cope,as I know she's with him....but it still hurts....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it was standing room only. We had a ton of birds. Mom liked Tigger too. She liked anything Winnie The Pooh.

      Delete
  2. Yes, I was remembering her birthday too. Hard to believe it's been 11 years.

    ReplyDelete