Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Exploration Photography Daily View - February 2, 2016

Hi and welcome to the Daily View!

It's February second and that means it's Groundhog Day! And Punxsutawney Phil didn't see his shadow so it means an early Spring for us. You know because this is science we're dealing with :) Okay maybe it's not science but it is a fun tradition. But how accurate is Phil? Well according to this article about 39% of the time. But I will gladly accept his prediction for an early Spring this year. Though we haven't had a bad Winter overall.

Today I am sharing another shot from my Valley Forge trip on Sunday. It's another scene that I have done many times but I really like how this came out. I think the snow is what makes it.


Thanks for stopping by!

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. I agree. The snow does set the photo. The sense of isolation....how did the early settlers feel during the winter? Makes one wonder.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And to think that most of the soldiers of Washington's Army didn't have cabins like this over the Winter. Most lived in makeshift accommodations. Add to that the shortage of food and it made for a miserable situation. Not a shot was fired in combat but so many died. Very sad.

      Delete