Saturday, January 31, 2015

January 31, 2015 - Photo of The Day

Well it's the last day of January and it sure is a cold one. And windy too. But despite the frigid weather Kim and I took a drive to Longwood Gardens in Kennett Square, Pennsylvania. Once there we spent most of our time in the Conservatory. It's always warm in there! Today I share with you a small sampling of the photos I captured. And a couple of extras too. So here you go and please choose your own favorite for a photo of the day.




 




And as for the extras I would like to share two videos. For some reason I am having trouble posting videos here on the blog. I can however post links to them on my YouTube Channel. Please follow the links below or as an alternative you can go directly to YouTube and search for me using "lwment" and clicking on my name, Larry Miller.

This first video is a time lapse of our drive to Longwood. It is a 38 minute trip condensed to about 2 minutes.

The Road To Longwood

And this second video shows 30 seconds of one of the waterfalls in the Conservatory.

Conservatory Waterfall

And that's it for today folks. Thanks so much for stopping by and please come back soon to see more of our trip to Longwood.

Until next time...

4 comments:

  1. How can I pick a flower of the day when they're all so beautiful? I like the red bushy one (so I like 'fuzzy') but the yellow one stands out.As a daisy lover,this one spoke of joy& happiness.The best is the barely open bud.You caught the essence of ...new beginnings,
    & hope. Love them all!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie! I love to shoot daisies and have some really cool shots over at one of my photo sharing sites 500px.com. You can find he link in the sidebar on this page if you would like to check them out. Of the photos in this post though I would say the opening bud is my personal favorite. I think it has a very good depth of field and yes it does represent the promise of Spring and a new (warmer) season.

      Delete
  2. I agree about the rosebud and of course I love the orchids but my favorite is the first one with the one drop of water rolling off of it. So perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the way that came out. The lighting was perfect and of course the water drops enhance the image. I still have to go with the rise bloom though. It is one of those rare photos that look exactly as I pictured it in my mind while shooting it.

      Delete