Saturday, January 17, 2015

January 17, 2015 - Photo of The Day

For the second time in two weeks Kim and I drove out to Lancaster County and had lunch at Miller Smorgasbord. And three weeks ago we were in the area for lunch at Shady Maple Smorgasbord. That's a lot of driving! There is a good reason though. For three weeks we have been trying to get together with my Sister Kathy and her husband Joe to celebrate our birthdays. Her's is December 29 and mine is January 3. The first week the weather was just too bad for Kathy to drive all the way from Philadelphia and last week she had to work. Well as they say the third time is a charm because we finally got together today. And we had a wonderful time. There was lot's of food and lot's of talking with one another. I think we spent nearly two hours there. And naturally I had my camera with me so after we were done eating Kathy and I both shot some pictures of the farms that sit behind the restaurant. You can take a look at Kathy's here at her blog and here are a few of mine.


This is a panoramic made up of four separate photos.



These of course are a couple of farms.

Also, check out this quick 10 second video. Just your typical Saturday afternoon in Lancaster County traffic.

 

And that was our Saturday. It was a few weeks in the making but it was worth it. I would like to thank Kathy and Joe for making the trip and having lunch with Kim and me. We both had a very nice time. And now I am wrapping it up. I'll be back soon with more to share. Please be sure to visit again.

Until next time...

4 comments:

  1. It was a lot of fun! I'm glad we finally got to do it. Thanks for coming up with the idea. Your pictures came out great. You got a much better picture of that third farm than I did. I zoomed in so didn't get the whole thing in one shot.

    Let's do something together again soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy! It was a nice day. We do have to get together more often. Especially as the weather gets warmer.

      Delete
  2. I popped on over from Kathy's blog ( hope you don't mind) to check out the photos. I am so amazed at how you both capture images. I really find your perspective interesting. The one of the tree....I really see how you could look up & want to capture it.
    Thank you for sharing it with me.
    Belated Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie! You are certainly welcome to visit any time :) I am so glad you enjoy my photos and hope you come back again. The more the merrier!

      Delete