Friday, May 23, 2014

Dingmans Falls

In my last post I told you about our camping trip a couple weeks ago. During that trip Kim and I visited Dingmans Falls. Part of The Delaware Water Gap National Park. We had originally planned on going to Bushkill Falls, and still may one day, but on the advice of other campers and an employee at the campground we went here instead. What a wonderful place! There was a lot of walking involved but it was worth it. The photos I am posting here can only give you a glimpse of the natural beauty of not only the falls but the entire area leading up to them. Please look on and enjoy!

This is the visitor center. We happened to visit on the opening day of the season. The rangers we met were very friendly and knowledgeable. They did all they could to answer questions we had about the park and also gave us a lead on another set of falls that I will write about in my next post.

Visitor Center

The path that leads to the main falls is wooden and very nicely constructed. I guess you could call it a boardwalk of sorts. oddly enough I do not have a lot of shots of the actual walkway but I do have some of the scenery along the way including the Silver Thread Falls.

Silver Thread Falls




Once close to the falls there is a set of stairs that lead to the top. When I say set of stairs I mean a very large set of stairs! It is a lot of climbing but we paced ourselves and made it.






Here is a shot of the falls on the way up.



 And here is a view from the top.



 On the way back down.



And finally Dingmans Falls.

Dingmans Falls
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have enjoyed my photos and my little "tour". Please check back soon and please feel free to leave me a message. I would love to hear from you.

Until next time...


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful shots! It's such a lovely part of Pennsylvania.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy! There is so much to see there. We hope to make another couple of trips to the Pocono area this summer.

      Delete