Friday, July 17, 2015

Exploration Photography Daily View - July 17, 2015

Welcome to Friday my friends! And welcome to the Exploration Photography Daily View. 

So I am in our kitchen this afternoon looking out at the cafe and I see this.


This is one of our local groundhogs enjoying his dinner. I have seen him and many others eating at the cafe but have never been able to get a good shot because they are very skittish and can actually move quickly if they have to. So to grab this shoot I had to shoot through door glass. I try never to do this because the image is never as crisp and clear as I would like but sometimes it is just the only way. And I don't think it turned out too bad.

And that's it for today folks. But I'll be back real soon. I hope to see you here again at the blog.

Until next time...

4 comments:

  1. Photo came out good to me. I like the pudgy guy (girl?). Word travels fast about the Cafe! It doesn't surprise me that he can move when need be. There are quite a few species that I've found are very amazing with their speed!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie! It's funny when I step back and look at our yard compared to our neighbor's. We might have twenty or thirty birds at a time and there won't be another one on the block. Oh, we have a skunk that comes around at night too. I haven't seen him at the cafe but I wouldn't be surprised. And Terry has seen a racoon around here too. It's a regular wildlife preserve. I wonder if I can get a tax break? Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I wish I could catch our groundhog and bring him to you. He's eating my lilacs! When I put out seed it brings out the rats and mice. Do you have that problem? You certainly attract quite a crowd at your cafe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh please no, we have plenty of groundhogs already. We just planted lilacs so I hope they don't eat them. Oddly enough I haven't seen any mice or rats but you are right we do get quite the crowd!

      Delete